Monday 24 February 2014

Minecraft

Trying to keep my first post, kind of short and sweet, I thought I'd start off with a game which I'm still on the fence about... Minecraft. Admittedly, it was my boyfriend sending me Yogscast videos which initially got my interest. 

Visually? I wasn't too fond of the graphics in game, but I did appreciate how different it was to anything else at the time. What made my decision to play the game was the idea of exploring this unique world, and I also loved the openess and the many biomes there are in the game. Gradually improving yourself as you explore above ground, underground or the Nether (for a nice challenge!) from wood to stone tools, building a furnace to smelt iron for tools, working up to the ultimate diamond. Making my first diamond armour piece, I felt pretty proud, not gunna lie!  And with the amount of mods out there at the moment, it doesnt end with diamond armour! There are mods for machinery, so you can make power suits you charge up and can make you invincible (perfect for everyone who hates those pesky creeper attacks!). 

All in all, it is a game I really do love. But it's a similar love-hate relationship that I have with The Sims franchise, and I'm guessing it's partly my fault due to lack of imagination? But I always end up stuck, with no idea of what I want to do next, and I don't like starting over as it seems pointless to lose everything and start from scratch knowing I'll do exactely the same I did last game, in a different map seed and most likely a new house.
But again, I know it's not a widely shared opinion as I watch videos and my boyfriend play hours upon hours, always finding something new to do, and keeping worlds for weeks at a time before deciding to start afresh.

At the end of the day this is my blog and my opinion, which personally is still on the fence as I do love playing the game, I just don't like to overdo it playing hours at one time, then finding myself bored soon after. But as a game in general, I really do appreciate and recommend it and I look forward and will keep up with all updates in the future. Its also a great game for all audiences, so a definite recommendation to all ages out there looking for something new to try out. 


So I'm hoping you like my first post on my first blog. Hopefully I can give more professional opinions on games in the near future. Please leave me any comment if you think I could use any tips, any help is most welcome!


See you next time

-KirreeH

No comments:

Post a Comment