Tuesday 4 March 2014

Minipets




Time to do a review on a much smaller game than the previous reviews: Minipets!
I am completely obsessed with this mini game and I’ll tell you why.


Ok I know, it is aimed at a younger audience, but it’s just so addictive! I’ve been playing my game since about September time, and I still check on it 2-3 times a day to collect my virtual earnings, and slowly upgrade my mini-zoo.
The basic aim is that you earn coins and gems from the animals you have at the zoo, or through doing little missions they set you (mostly placing more animals down or decorating your zoo) and gaining experience to level up; meaning more animals and items becoming unlocked in the process. There is also an aspect to the game where you can breed two species to unlock a new species of animal. One example of this is mating a horse and a narwhal to unlock a unicorn. Simple right? That’s why I love it.


Now for the graphics and other aspects. It’s a free-to-play mini game aimed at children, so of course some of the animals and other items don’t look amazing per-se, but it adds to the appeal for a younger generation as it’s very cartoon like, and it keeps that throughout all aspects. 

As for the sounds in the game,they are again very simplistic and cartoony with nice simple, music in the background. I do like the fact that when you tap on an animal, it makes the noise for said animal (apart from ones like rabbits that don’t make a noise), making it more enjoyable for children. This all being said, since I am a 22 year old, I do play on mute as I’m sure it would lose its charm very quickly with me. But I really do appreciate this isn’t a game made for someone of my age, and if I was a lot younger, I’d find it enjoyable. Maybe I should test it out on my neices and nephew...


Nevertheless, I still continue to enjoy this game on a daily basis, and it’s still the first thing I check when I wake up (I’m saving up to get a baby lion and they’re very expensive). I’m sure in a few months time I’ll still be playing, most likely making my zoo look pretty rather than just plonking down animals here, there and everywhere, just to complete the missions as I am right now (I never said I was a pro here). Or, I’ll hit a standstill, not be able to do anything more, and I’ll start a new game!


Thanks again for reading, I do have upcoming reviews on Thief, Banished and Elder Scrolls Online coming out soon, so stay tuned!

Until next time

-KirreeH
(Image taken from Google)

No comments:

Post a Comment